What is the VAC?
Suggested activities of Vaccine Committee (VAC) are the following:
- Research Topic: Demographic changes in the population (aging society, obesity, chronic diseases etc) demand risk group targeted vaccine approaches: how shall we vaccinate risk groups? Immunological differences between prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines- induction –reactivation of memory?
- Vaccine design for risk group vaccination – use of “vaccinomics” for development of more effective vaccines
- Research Position papers to difficult questions or controversially discussed topics (e.g. adjuvants and side effects; myths and reality etc)
- Guidelines and harmonization of recommendations for specific vaccination groups (e.g. vaccination under biologics etc)
- Improvement of vaccine topics through internet– state of the art (to neutralize the overflow of articles of vaccine deniers)
- Organization of vaccinology meetings once a year or every second year as stand-alone meeting or as satellite symposia to immunology meetings
Early Career Research Prize in Vaccinology R&D:
Each year, this Prize of Excellence aims at rewarding significant achievements in Vaccines R&D in Europe. This includes the discovery of new vaccine antigens, new vaccines design, understanding the basics of immune responses, new technologies that will improve the future of vaccines and vaccination and that are supported by proof-of-concept data (preclinical and clinical).
List of reports
We have a winner! 2020 Early Career Research Prize in Vaccinology R&D
May 18, 2020•Vaccine Committee (VAC)
IUIS together with Vaccines Europe is pleased to announce the 2020 winner of the Early…
Early Career Research Prize in Vaccinology R&D
November 27, 2019•Vaccine Committee (VAC)
This Prize of Excellence aims at rewarding significant achievements in Vaccines R&D in Europe. This…
Back to Committees