ASI’s Online Fireside Chats
The Australian and New Zealand Society for Immunology, ASI, have launched their ‘Ask an Immunologist’ public outreach initiative. This takes the form of public queries sent in by email as well as live, Q&A online sessions with an expert, during which the public can ask their burning question about the immune system. Questions are typed into the Q&A box in Zoom, moderated by our Chair, and answered by our Speaker live during the session.
Our ASI Online Fireside Chats are provided free of charge to the general non-scientific public.
This is our proactive approach to making science accessible to the broader community.
Who would benefit most from these sessions?
These are dynamic and engaging sessions that are perfectly suited to the family and friends of all Immunologists and the non-scientific public.
Share your love of Immunology
Please share this link with your family and friends, so they can register for our next session and better understand what you do for a living!
Previous recordings are now available
So far we’ve had sessions on:
- “Can we become immune to COVID-19?” by Stephen Turner and Connie Jackaman
- “Why do older people suffer more from COVID-19?” by Arne Akbar and Connie Jackaman
- “Burning questions and fairy tales in Immunology” by Anne La Flamme and Damon Tumes
Click here to access recordings of our previous sessions.
What’s up next?
- July 6th: “Vaccines…Find out the facts!” by Kylie Quinn and Damon Tumes
- August 21st: “Allergies, asthma, autoimmune diseases and COVID-19: Your questions answered!” by Michaela Lucas
Visit the ASI public page: https://www.immunology.org.au/community/