2019 Theme: about Cancer Checkpoint Blockade
Since 2005, IUIS and EFIS have been working together to involve all Regional and National Societies in a global effort to promote the benefits of immunology research during the International Day of Immunology (DoI) taking place every year on April 29. READ MORE
This year again, Immunological Societies and Federations were invited to participate in the day and to submit material on their DoI campaign (e.g. posters, films, video, social media, email or regular mail).
Tatyana Chtanova, IUIS Liaison for the Day of Immunology
- Sunil Arora
- Manoel Barral-Netto
- Amel Benammar Elgaaïed
- Xuetao Cao, FIMSA Secretary General
- Stefan H.E. Kaufmann, EFIS Past President, IUIS Past President, initiator of the Day of Immunology in 2005
- Shigeo Koyasu, FIMSA Past President
- Laura Mackay, FIMSA President
- Emilio Malchiodi, ALAI Vice-President
- Ruben Motrich
- Raúl Ramos Pupo, ALAI Secretary
- Kiyoshi Takeda
- Gregory J Tsay
- Deadline for application submission: June 1, 2019.
- Decision of winner: mid-August 2019
- Announcement of winner: end of August 2019
- Award of the prize to the winner: Beijing, China, in Oct 19-23 2019 during the 2019 International Congress of Immunology (date of the Award ceremony to be confirmed)
Award Winners notification: end of August
After deliberation, prizes will be announced during a special Awards Ceremony at the 2019 International Congress of Immunology, in Beijing, China, in Oct 19-23 2019. During the Ceremony, the IUIS President will report on the best initiatives of the DoI and reveal the names of the winners.
The IUIS is proud to announce the following Winners
Best International Day of Immunology Campaign:
Australian and New Zealand Society for Immunology (ASI)
Best 2019 Day of Immunology Theme Campaign: about Cancer Checkpoint Blockade:
Indian Immunology Society (IIS)
Best Newcomer Campaign:
Society of Clinical and Biological Immunology of Côte d’Ivoire (SICB-CI)
Day of Immunology Campaigns:
The IUIS would like to commend all Societies, Federations & individuals that have submitted a campaign.
- ALGERIA – Faculty of Medicine, Kasdi Merbah University
- AUSTRALIA/NEW-ZEALAND – Australian and New Zealand Society for Immunology
- BRAZIL – Universidade Estadual de Goiás, sponsored by the Brazilian Society of Immunology
- FAIS – Federation of African Immunological Societies
- INDIA – Indian Immunology Society
- MEXICO – Mexican Society of Immunology
- IVORY COAST – Society of Clinical and Biological Immunology of Côte d’Ivoire (SICB-CI)
- CUBA – Sociedad Cubana de Inmunología
- IRAN – Iranian Society of Immunology and Allergy
We strongly encourage immunological societies & federations to participate in next year’s Day of Immunology on April 29, 2020!