The IUIS-SMI-FAIS Immuno-Morocco Course will take place in Zephyr Targa, Marrakech, Morocco
Dates: June 5-10, 2023
Tumour Immune Microenvironment and Immunotherapies
About the Course: The course will discuss cancer and its complex interactions with the immune system. We will focus on the tumour immune microenvironment, cell and antibody therapies, and cancer vaccines. Our goal is to provide high quality up to date immunology knowledge, highly interactive discussion sessions, a flow cytometry workshop, poster presentations, and training in grant writing. We aim to bring together students and faculty to promote career progression of young African scientists.
- Abdallah Badou: Hassan II University, Casablanca and Mohammed VI Center for Research and Innovation, Rabat, Morocco
- Jamal Hafid, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakech, Morocco
- Dieter Kabelitz: University of Kiel, Germany
- Michelle Letarte: SickKids Hospital and University of Toronto, Canada
- Clive Gray: Stellenbosch University, RSA
20 international and African renowned scientists will be teaching this course
Requirements to apply:
This 5-day course is open to 50 graduate students enrolled in academic PhD programs, postdoctoral fellows, MDs and young researchers engaged in Immunology & Cancer related research projects.
- The candidates should have some level of research experience to benefit maximally.
- Those applying should ensure that their passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the dates of the course as visa application time is short.
- Selection of students will be based on the quality of the abstract submitted, research output and academic excellence.
- There is a registration fee of $100
- Selected students will receive partial or full funding to cover registration, accommodation and travel expenses
- Successful candidates will be notified by March 27
All selected participants must complete an online pre-course on the Immunopaedia website starting the week of April 17, 2023
Applications are now closed.